Why Should I donate my old vehicle?
It’s the environmentally conscious approach:
- By removing these older vehicles from the road, we are taking the necessary steps to cut down the ever-increasing problem of air pollution, hence improving the air we breathe.
- Moreover, your vehicle is disposed of using the most eco-friendly system available; all hazardous fluids are removed and contained and all reusable parts are stocked for sale.
It’s for a good cause:
- CharityCars.ca deals only with reputable licensed charities, so you can rest assured knowing that the recycled value of your car is going to a good cause.
It benefits us all:
- We, at CharityCars.ca, want to make the donation process as easy as possible for you, our valued customer. We provide a free towing for yur donated vehicle.
- Moreover, once your vehicle has been donated, you will receive a charitable tax-receipt from your chosen charity.
- By helping us recycle your old/unwanted vehicle, you are doing your part by donating to those in need.
How do I donate my old vehicle?
- Call 1-877-363-6354 and enter your phone number to be directed to one of our dispatch representatives. Or click here to email a request for vehicle pickup.
- Our representatives will ask you various questions about your vehicle such as; year, make, model, color, condition, etc.
- You will mutually agree upon a time to have your vehicle picked up or driven to your local network member.
- You will be required to transfer the vehicle registration by signing it over to your local network member in return for a receipt of pick-up for your vehicle.
I’ve heard a lot recently about vehicle donation programs that have turned out to be scams, what is the truth on the subject?
Unfortunately, here are just a few of the facts:
- A vast majority of these car donation programs are run by for-profit used car dealer/fundraisers.
- In many cases the largest share of the proceeds from your donation go to the used car dealer/fundraiser, with at times as little as 10% going to the charity.
- Some well-known and respected charities are not licensed to legally process your vehicle donation. As Auto Recyclers we can properly dispose of the donated vehicle.