Frequently Asked Questions
Why Should I donate my old vehicle?
It’s the environmentally conscious approach:
- By removing these older vehicles from the road, we are taking the necessary steps to cut down the ever-increasing problem of air pollution, hence improving the air we breathe.
- Moreover, your vehicle is disposed of using the most eco-friendly system available; all hazardous fluids are removed and contained and all reusable parts are stocked for sale.
It’s for a good cause:
- CharityCars.ca deals only with reputable licensed charities, so you can rest assured knowing that the recycled value of your car is going to a good cause.
It benefits us all:
- We, at CharityCars.ca, want to make the donation process as easy as possible for you, our valued customer. We provide a free towing for yur donated vehicle.
- Moreover, once your vehicle has been donated, you will receive a charitable tax-receipt from your chosen charity.
- By helping us recycle your old/unwanted vehicle, you are doing your part by donating to those in need.
How do I donate my old vehicle?
- Call 1-877-363-6354 and enter your phone number to be directed to one of our dispatch representatives. Or click here to email a request for vehicle pickup.
- Our representatives will ask you various questions about your vehicle such as; year, make, model, color, condition, etc.
- You will mutually agree upon a time to have your vehicle picked up or driven to your local network member.
- You will be required to transfer the vehicle registration by signing it over to your local network member in return for a receipt of pick-up for your vehicle.
I’ve heard a lot recently about vehicle donation programs that have turned out to be scams, what is the truth on the subject?
Unfortunately, here are just a few of the facts:
- A vast majority of these car donation programs are run by for-profit used car dealer/fundraisers.
- In many cases the largest share of the proceeds from your donation go to the used car dealer/fundraiser, with at times as little as 10% going to the charity.
- Some well-known and respected charities are not licensed to legally process your vehicle donation. As Auto Recyclers we can properly dispose of the donated vehicle.
However, you can rest assured that the value of your recycled vehicle would be donated, in its entirety, to the charity of your choice! Your receipt of pick up and charitable tax-deductible receipt ensure this.